CACOA. Pronounced Ca-Cow. Heard of it? Cacoa is the purest form of chocolate you can consume.
Cacoa is raw and much less processed than cocoa. Cacao is thought to be the highest source of antioxidants and the highest source of magnesium of all foods. Cacao beans contain more antioxidants than blueberries, acai berries, or red wine. It’s also a mood-enhancer!
I layered this smoothie with chocolate and mint smoothie flavours. The smoothie looks much more appetizing when its layered. When the two flavours are mixed together it’s a brownish colour and not the most appetizing looking. However, it tastes the same either way, so if you’re strapped for time, just throw all of the ingredients in the blender and blend away.
Here are the ingredients for the mint smoothie: water, frozen spinach, mint leaves, avocado and peppermint extract.
Here are the ingredients for the chocolate smoothie: cacao, unsweetened almond milk, frozen banana and organic pure maple syrup.
- Chocolate Smoothie:
- • 1 - 1½ cup unsweetened organic almond milk (depends how thick you like it)
- • 1½ frozen banana
- • 1 tablespoon cacoa
- • 1 tablespoon organic pure maple syrup
- • 1 handful ice
- Mint Smoothie:
- • 1 avocado
- • 1 cup frozen spinach
- • 4-6 mint leaves
- • ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- • handful ice cubes
- • ½ cup to 1 cup water (depends on how thick you like it)
- For a layered smoothie:
- Throw all of the green smoothie ingredients into the blender with a handful of ice. Blend together and pour ½ of the smoothie in your cup and place in the freezer. Pout the other half in the fridge.
- Clean the blender and make the chocolate smoothie. Add a handful of ice into the ingredients. Once blended, pour onto of the first glen layer and then pour a final layer of the green smoothie onto.
- You will have 1 cup of chocolate smoothie remaining and some mint smoothie is making in a large mason jar like the one pictured.
- If you don't have the time to make a layered smoothie, pour all of the ingredients into the blender together with ice and blend until smooth.